PATCHAT

PatChat is your inside view of GA from students' perspective

Friday, November 7, 2014

Soccer Team Looks to Take Down Rival Quakers


GA-PC Day is my favorite day of the year and, as a senior on the soccer team, this year will be extra special. I love dressing up during Spirit Week and helping my class decorate our hallways on Thursday night, but my favorite part of the week is playing in the soccer game on Saturday morning. Leading up to GA-PC day, the soccer team bonds throughout the week. We make a pump-up video during the week and present it Friday night with the other fall teams videos. Its always a fun time and almost all of the Upper School shows up. On Friday night, we also have a big pasta dinner together with our families before the big day. I have played in hundreds of soccer games throughout my soccer career, but playing on GA-PC Day is by far the most exciting. There is nothing like stepping on the field Saturday morning and seeing a mob of GA students, teachers, and alumni cheering you on. The games are always very intense and fast-paced. GA-PC day will be my last Inter-Ac game and I know I will leave everything on the field. I cannot wait until Saturday morning to beat Penn Charter!
 
~ James R. '15
 
James is eager to replicate last season's success on GA-PC Day.
Editor's note: The GA boys' soccer team's postseason came to an end against the Kiski School in the PAISAA state tournament. However, they have one more match against Penn Charter on November 8th as part of the annual GA-PC Day.

No comments:

Post a Comment