PATCHAT

PatChat is your inside view of GA from students' perspective

Thursday, November 13, 2014

GA-PC Day Through a Senior's Eyes

I have experienced fourteen Pep Rallies, fifty six hallway themes, and four years of Spirit Weeks. This year was my last year of these experiences. I could not have asked for more fun than running the halls of the entire school, decorating a hallway only to have it torn down in less than twenty four hours, or to storm the football field after a great game. I grew up watching my brother and sister
Seniors congregate in the Pavilion in preparation for the Senior Strut.
prepare for the famous hallway decorating, go to school in crazy outfits, and play on one of the most exciting days of the year. I looked forward to this week every year for the past four years and it will definitely be one of the things that I miss the most when I graduate this spring.

The weekend always starts off with an amazing performance by the GA Belfry. This year Little Shop of Horrors was one of the best yet. I have gone to each year’s show starting as a freshman and while this year’s was definitely one of the creepiest, I was still in awe with the talent of everyone involved. After the show, the students stayed to watch the videos that the varsity sports teams put together. Each team sits together and cheers on the other teams’ videos.

This GA-PC Day was the first in which I played on the field. The whole team put everything into the field hockey game, and we succeeded with a 1-0 win. Whether you were on the bench or on the field, we counted down to the last second and as soon as that buzzer rang, we all sprinted to our goalie and tackled her. As a team with ten seniors, the whole game was very emotional; it was the last game where all of us would play together. I will never forget the happiness and sadness that I experienced throughout that day.
Caroline and her senior teammates before their final regular season game.

Later on that day, as I watched the football game with friends I met in PreK and those I’ve only known since freshman year, I felt honored to stand beside the entire student body as we crept towards the goal posts. We counted down the last minutes of the game, cheered together, and anticipated storming the field. Finally, the buzzer rang on the last GA-PC Day of my high school career. We stormed the field as one, tackled each other and all felt the same happiness. The friends I have made here at GA will always be a part of me, because of the bonds and experiences we have gone through together during Spirit Week.
 
~ Caroline A. '15

No comments:

Post a Comment