PATCHAT

PatChat is your inside view of GA from students' perspective

Thursday, March 8, 2012

A father/son kind of day....

I was assigned to write a personal essay for English class. Recently, we have been going over short stories relating to the theme of parent/child relationships. I wrote a story on how there was this weekend when I worked with my Dad to cut and stack logs, and how this painful work brought us together in the end. 

As I normally do not love writing assignments, as soon as I sat down for this one, I could not stop writing. It felt good to write about something more about me and express myself in a story through the personal essay. I told my teacher how I enjoyed it, and she was glad to hear it. I was glad to receive the support from my teacher and hopefully this will boost my confidence for later assignments to come.

-Ned

No comments:

Post a Comment