PATCHAT

PatChat is your inside view of GA from students' perspective

Tuesday, February 28, 2012

The New Kid on the (GA) Block

A new year for me meant a new school. Switching from public school to GA was intimidating at first, but as March commences, I can honestly say that I made the right choice. 

When I first applied to GA, I was unsure of what to expect. After taking a tour and shadowing, I had a pretty clear image of what school life would be like and how different it was from what I had grown accustomed to. At GA, you are encouraged to fulfill your interests. There is an activity for every type of student here. Teachers do more than just feed you knowledge, they help you every step of the way in order to give you the best possible education. There are even other highschoolers who are more than willing to help you, whether it be at the writing center, tutoring, or with any of your concerns. 

Another huge change for me was how close everyone is at GA. The GA community is one that does not accept any unkindness. After being here for only a few months, I can say that I am comfortable around everybody because they accept me for me and encourage you to be yourself. GA is not just a place to learn, it is a place to have fun and follow your dreams!

-Lauren

No comments:

Post a Comment