PATCHAT

PatChat is your inside view of GA from students' perspective

Thursday, February 16, 2012

Meet the PatChatters!



Please give a warm welcome to our first "Patchatters" of the season...Michael H., Lauren W., Ned T., and Amy Z. Click on the link below to learn all about them!





Michael H.

Hello everyone. My name is Michael H. and I am a junior at Germantown Academy. I play soccer, baseball, and run winter track as well as play the French horn in our school’s concert and jazz bands. I am also our grade’s representative on the Honor Council. GA is a great place that allows me, and all other students, to pursue their passions. There is never a limit to what you can do at GA. Hopefully, you will see through PatChat why GA is the ideal environment for learning, loving, and laughing.




Lauren W.
 

Heyall! My name is Lauren W., and I am a new student here at GA. I am into a whole bunch of artsy things...and sports as well. For instance, I play field hockey, soccer, piano, and guitar. Anything that has to do with art, I enjoy! Writing is another one of my passions, especially short fiction. After coming to GA as a freshman this year, I realized how passionate I was about acting. I took an acting class and am currently doing my first musical! GA life is exciting and fun, and I hope that I'll be able to share it with you!


Ned T.

Hi, my name is Ned T., and I am a student from GA. I transferred to GA in 6th grade, mainly because I wanted a challenge, and expected more from myself as a student. The transition from my old school was not quite what I expected. I received much more work which was a challenge, but this taught me how to manage my time. I didn't have much trouble finding friends when I first came, since most, if not everyone, was very friendly and welcoming. One of the things I noticed right away is that there is a much stronger teacher-student relationship. It is very simple to meet with a teacher, helpful to stay in touch with them through e-mail, and easy to talk to them and have an understanding of one another. GA has been great, and I look forward to telling your more about the rest of my high school career!

 
 
 
Amy Z.

HI! I'm Amy Z.! I came to GA when I was in 8th grade, which also happened to be my most awkward teenage phase. I have many hobbies which would include sports, such as cheerleading, field hockey, swimming and running, I also do Model United Nations (MUN), Patriot Ambassadors, play music (Piano and the Ukelele) and art club.  I also work at SPARK (an after school program for lower school students) and life guard. I think that PatChat is another way to gain more insight into the typical GA life that a tour and an open house would not be able to provide...think of a reality tv show minus the drama and more flowers and happiness :)

No comments:

Post a Comment