PATCHAT

PatChat is your inside view of GA from students' perspective

Tuesday, February 24, 2015

Leading Man Recounts Performance Weekend

Performing in the Germantown Academy Middle School production of The Music Man was truly an incredible experience! It was exciting to act and sing with other Middle School students as we went through three spectacular shows. The show was not so much about me as it was everyone else including the rest of the cast, stage crew, the musicians, and the directors Mrs. Rominger and Mrs. Donches. Everyone brought their focus and concentration to the table to ensure that the musical would be as fantastic as it possibly could be. The Friday night show was sold out and left every audience member in awe of our performance.
Vinit as Harold Hill.

The production The Music Man was probably one of the strongest shows the GA Middle School has ever produced. As the main character Harold Hill, I had the amazing experience of learning complex songs, duets, and solos while acting as a charlatan in the year 1912. The Music Man was probably one of the most interesting musicals I have ever taken part in so far. The cast and I have worked very hard memorizing our lines, dance numbers, and stage movement. And all of our persistence led to three shows where each and every time, the audience left in amazement at what they had seen.

The cast and orchestra during a number from The Music Man.
The reason I have grown such a passion for the arts is mainly because of GA. I feel that I have the opportunity to express myself in whichever interest I have here. Our theatre art programs really give everyone the opportunity to express themselves in the arts. With the fall play and winter musical, GA really lets kids express their desire for acting, singing, and even a bit of dancing! And as I go into the GA Upper School next year, I know I’ll join the Drama and Improv club, The Belfry, in order to further pursue my interest in the arts.


~Vinit J. ‘19
The cast and crew receive warm applause after a show.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment