PATCHAT

PatChat is your inside view of GA from students' perspective

Friday, April 11, 2014

Intro to Theatre Class Finds Their Lifeline

Recently in the Intro to Theatre class, students were assigned to collect and present in front of the class ten objects that comprise who you are. These objects help the class understand a deeper side of you besides the person that they already know. I found this project particularly interesting: being given the challenge to search for, let alone present some of my most cherished objects in front of my acting class. After days of searching for objects and asking myself repeatedly “Does this object express who I am?”, I finally found ten objects that actually do frame my life out. Some of the objects included were a painting that I made with my grandmother back in the 3rd grade, a CD that I produced with my friends this past summer, and a thank you letter I received from a family that CSO supported when I was in the 7th grade (I originally sent a sympathy letter to that family).
 
Brendan and his class worked on an assignment of self-reflection.

 
The Lifeline Project forced me to look back on the past fifteen (almost sixteen) years of my life and pick out the significant moments and memories that define who I am today. The project showed me how grateful I am for all of the little things in life, from having the ability to record my own music to knowing my grandfather for as long as I did. With this being said, I challenge you to find ten objects that comprise who you are; it’s an amazing way to reflect and remind yourself of what the important things in life actually are.

- Brendan C. ‘17

No comments:

Post a Comment