PATCHAT

PatChat is your inside view of GA from students' perspective

Monday, January 27, 2014

Mission: GA Resonates With Students



Here at Germantown Academy, we have a long history of great athletes and great swimmers. I am not a competitive swimmer; I swim mainly to stay active. But every time I walk out to the pool I feel motivated to do my best at practice that day. As I swim I am surrounded by millions of pieces of memorabilia. So many people have made so many memories in and around that pool. People have spent their life swimming at GA winning and losing races. Then when they go to college or to another school I wonder if they remember the GA pool. I will leave GA one day and I would like to think I will remember all the memories I made there but I know I won’t. What I will always remember is what GA has taught me. Germantown Academy has taught me to be independent in thought, confident in expression, compassionate in sprit, collaborative in action, and honorable in deed. Those are lessons I will never forget, even beyond the pool.

- Margaret H. '19

 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment