PATCHAT

PatChat is your inside view of GA from students' perspective

Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Can't quite grasp this "Senior" thing


Sometimes I’m so caught up in the whirl of school work, college applications, managing clubs and sports that I often forget to take time and enjoy the fact that I’m a senior (even though it’s still a like a dream to me). It’s hard to think how much I must have changed from when I was an underclassman to an upperclassman. It’s even weirder for me when old friends, who graduated when I was an underclassman, comment on how much I’ve grown up, because in the end I still feel the same. Yeah, I might have gotten a bit older, maybe wiser, maybe a bit more thoughtful (might being the keyword here) but in the end I believe that I’m still the same person.  I still pull the push door in the arts center, I still mix up my left from my right and I still remember the first couple of lines from The Odyssey (I read this my Freshman year). Maybe when reality hits me and I acknowledge the fact that I am a senior, maybe then I’ll understand what everyone is talking about.

Back to college apps,

Amy

No comments:

Post a Comment