PATCHAT

PatChat is your inside view of GA from students' perspective

Monday, May 14, 2012

Sushi Tuesdays and the 9 Best Things About Being a GA'er

I find it hilarious when people ask me to tell them what made me want to go to GA. The truth is that I never really had a say in what school I would be going to attend. I just sat around while my parents feverishly took any bit of information on schools that their coworkers children went to. In all honestly, I could say that I wanted to go to GA because they had a dugout in the middle of the middle school (which any school could have that… for heaven’s sake my elementary school had that!). But I normally ignore those questions because personally, I believe that it's not what initially attracted me to a school, it's what the school has offered that made me stay instead of leaving after the first year.

Let's be real, what I like about GA consist about multiple things (some frivolous but most are pretty legit).

1. The cafeteria food is wonderful. I mean, who has the leisure to say they eat sushi every Tuesday? And the best thing… the chicken doesn’t bounce!

2. The teachers are really wonderful (they are all out pleasant people to talk to).

3. Tight knitted-ness of the community (GA doesn't lie when we say this). In 8th grade, I remember a former teacher telling my grade ('13) that there was such a tight bond and how he didn't want it to change. I'm proud to say that it hasn't changed one bit. If anything, it might have gotten bigger to accommodate the newer students!

4. Oktoberfest (mmmmm Gummy bears)!

5. The creek...I learned how to canoe in P.E. can you say that?

6. Relations with teachers (they are like friends, but older… sometimes a lot older).

7. Mr. Connor’s speeches...not to mention, a good way to miss the first few minutes of a 1st period test :)

8. Did I mention food?

9. I can be myself i.e. skipping down the hallways like a mad person without any weird looks...for the most part.

If you’ve gone GA/ visited GA post what you loved about GA in the comments section below!

No comments:

Post a Comment